The Gentlest of Infirmities

Thoughts on books, movies, comics, Prince and more!

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Michael Chabon's Ebay Purchase

I find it really cool to exchange e-mails with writers! "What? Some "writing" from a great published author just for me!?!" It was very thrilling exchanging e-mails with Michael Chabon years before he won the Pulitzer for "The Amaziing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay" I was writing him to compliment him on his book "Wonder Boys" and to congratulate him on it becoming an upcoming movie, which I had just that day found out about. (And what a movie it turned out to be!) What was weird, and I just now remember doing it, was that I used his e-mail address in a search on ebay and found things he was bidding on! (Creepy I know! I don't know if you can still do that on ebay! Let's hope not! Wouldn't want you to see the comics I bid on!) An old Strat-O-Matic baseball game now resides in the Chabon household. (He's married to Ayelet Waldman, a fine writer herself!) Next time you're in Iowa City Michael, bring it along! I challenge thee!

1 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Blogger Erik Donald France said...

I love Wonder Boys -- one of those rare things where the movie actually improves on the book a little (by editing). I've got a letter from Wm Vollmann and a card from Gore Vidal. Nifty fifty.

Came across your blog via profile. Cheers from Detroit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home