The Gentlest of Infirmities

Thoughts on books, movies, comics, Prince and more!

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Articles of War by Nick Arvin

About a year ago I discovered a fan letter in the back of a ten year old issue of Cerebus, the most successful self-published comic book ever!, by one "Nick Arvin".

Having a story collection called "In the Electric Eden" by a Nick Arvin, I quickly deduced that perhaps I had discovered said Nick Arvin's first published writing! To the Internet, Batman!

Found a website for him, his e-mail address and to make a long story short, yes, it was him!

Nick Arvin must have kept me on a mailing list, and yesterday I recieved this concerning his first novel!

From: nick@stanfordalumni.org(Nicholas�Arvin) Date: Wed, Feb 16, 2005, 8:29pm (CST-1) To: nick@stanfordalumni.org (Nicholas Arvin) Subject: Articles of War

Dear friends,
Just a note to let you know that my first novel, "Articles of War," is now available. It has already received great reviews and attention in O: The Oprah Magazine, Interview Magazine, The Christian Science Monitor, The Rocky Mountain News, and The Detroit Free Press, with more to come. You can find links to most of the reviews on my website at nickarvin.com. Also, I'll be signing and reading from the book in a few cities:

February 23: Denver, Colorado
Tattered Cover, Cherry Creek Store/7:30pm

February 24: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Shaman Drum/7:00pm

February 28: Iowa City, Iowa
Prairie Lights/8:00pm

March 9: Boulder, Colorado
Boulder Bookstore/7:30pm

Come and say hi if you can!
Yours,
Nick Arvin



So there ya have it. Sight unseen, I know the book will be a good one and I can't help but think he would be nice to meet and hear read from his work....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home